Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stockings are hung....

I saw on one of my favorite blog sites, Tip Junkie, that she was posting some different ways to hang stockings if you do not have a mantle. Well, I have a mantle but since we use our fireplace often during the winter, they would be in the way there. So, I thought of doing something different with mine. I thought I'd show you my stockings and Wes's handy work. I purchased these wooden letters and had Wes paint them. Then he drilled some holes in the back so I could hang them. I bought some wooden dowels from Hobby Lobby to glue onto the front of my letters....and there you have it....homemade stocking letters. What do you think?


2 comments:

Julie B said...

When you have a baby in your arms, you will have to change the "JOY" to "HOPE" - for obvious reasons to the symbolic "Hope", but also so you have 4 hooks!
:)

Jenn said...

Coming over from Tip Junkie. This will be a lifesaver! I've been trying to figure out where to hang our stockings in the new house and I think this will be the way to go! Thanks!!!

Swidget 1.0