Monday, October 27, 2008

Six years

Yesterday was my 6th wedding anniversary. Man how time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle. When I look back I can understand all the lines that I heard "are you sure?" "you're so young" "they'll never make it". One guy, that worked with Wes then, said "they'll never make it past 6 months." I think we've proved him wrong. Yes we were young. Yes we hadn't known each other that long. But I knew in my heart that Wes was THE ONE God wanted for my life and as my husband. I have told several girlfriends..."you just know". And I knew in the first conversation with Wes that he was heaven sent. No, he's not perfect. No, I'm not perfect. No, our marriage hasn't been a fairy-tale. But who's is. And I am happy and couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

I had a friend ask me this weekend while we were discussing a situation in her life...."have you ever just looked at your husband and had this overwhelming feeling of love and appreciation?" And my answer was "absolutely!" Many times.

I love my husband, love the man he has become, love the father he has grown to be, and love him for simply being Wes.

Thank you God for six years! My prayer is that You will bless our marriage and help us to continually grow together and grow in You.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Oh gosh I remember that day too! You wanted to start the wedding 20 minutes early. When you finally got up there, I couldn't understand a word you were saying. But I do remember thinking at your reception that this was all meant to be. Even I had that peaceful, easy feeling. Sniff, Sniff. Love ya woman.

Tonya said...

Yeah I remember that part during our vows. LOL You'll never let me live it down. Me being a blubbering bawl bag. hahahaha Good memories tho. Least I didn't have A LOT of people there to give me a hard time.

Swidget 1.0