Friday, March 12, 2010

To All Those Waiting

Dear friend,

Something came over me that I needed to write to you. To tell you that I know your pain that you're going through. To tell you that I know the tears that are being cried. I know how it feels to ache for something SOOOOO bad and yet, time keeps moving on but it seems like it's standing still for you. I know how it feels to be living each day with a desire so strong in your heart and there is nothing you can do except wait. It seems like you're all alone doesn't it? It feels like you're a zombie trying to face each day with a fake smile on your face. You keep clinging to your faith but it feels like you're just dangling by a string. One day you feel a strong sense of hope and peace, the next you feel like your world is crashing down and that God is not listening to you. I have been there. I have been in your shoes. For YEARS I have dealt with this pain, this ache, this desire. It doesn't make it any easier when the ones around you are saying, "give it time" "it's going to happen" "trust God". There are countless scriptures to be read. There are countless song lyrics to be sung. When all hope is lost and you feel that agony and pain.....on the day(s) that you simply feel like all hope is lost....get on your knees and cry out to Jesus. He IS listening....I PROMISE!

A quote from a book Facing the Giants...
"Focus on Giants, you stumble.....Focus on God, your giants tumble."

Come on friend, imagine that you're running a race....a race that had many obstacles. You're running through mud, over grassy sticker patches, and then you get to one point and there is a brick wall standing in your way....but you look and there is a bridge at one end of that wall...you keep running and you feel like you can't run anymore but then you see something....the finish line....and WAIT....there is Jesus standing at that finish line and He is cheering you on. When you get to Him He says..."well done thy good and faithful servant. You have ran the race, you have waited for your desire, you have been through many tests.....it's now time for you to receive your reward."

Lyrics from Leeland's Lift Your Eyes:

You can search your soul and find no light
Until you look in the Savior’s eyes
And then you finally realize
The saving sacrifice is love divine
Come on and lift your eyes
Lift your eyes, come to the cross

I love you dear friend. God knows the exact person that needed this letter today. I know there are several of you out there waiting on your desire....but God knows the exact one that needed this.

Lift your eyes up and keep holding onto that hope...no matter if it feels like just a string.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

All I can say is THANK YOU!

Kisha said...

:)

shontel said...

you wrote this for me... I really needed to hear that today. Really. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, Tonya! I'm fighting the tears at my desk... You haven't written in so long that I didn't expect a new post. This one is really speaking to me now! ~Stephanie

Swidget 1.0