Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Feel Good Wednesday #35

Last night I got to help ladies from my church to deliver boxes of food to families in need in our community. Our town is not big at all but there are still LOTS of families in need. We went to four homes. Every home had at least three children living in the home. Three out of the four homes had children living with them that were not theirs. These children were abandoned by their parents. These children needed someone to take them in. These children were lucky enough to have a family member to step in and take care of them when even their parents wouldn't. It broke my heart. One woman that we gave food to seemed to be a single mother. (We didn't ask questions.) But it seemed she was a single mother with two of her own children and she said the smallest boy there (probably a 3 year old) was not even hers. She said this little boy's mother just left him. She didn't want him. And the father was never in the picture. Can you believe that?! You know what is sad, this is happening ALL OVER our world. There are children being abandoned. There are children being left to find food for themselves.

At each house we gave huge boxes of food, a turkey, a ham, bread, eggs and then we'd hand them a card. Once the food was brought inside we would ask if we could say a prayer. I had to keep from crying in front of these women and children. The women were SO thankful for us. But it wasn't us....we were just sharing Jesus.

I couldn't sleep very well last night thinking of those children. I have SOOOOO much to be thankful for this year. Yes, it has been a difficult year. But it has made me stronger. I know that God lives and He loves me. I am so blessed beyond measure for what He has done for me and my family. I have food, a warm place to sleep, clean clothes, clean water. My list could go on and on. I am SO thankful that I know who my Jesus is. I am so thankful that when times get tough, I just have to think they could be worse and that Jesus is right there leading me in the right direction.

It shouldn't just be around this time of year that we reflect on how thankful and blessed we are. We should thank God EVERY day for the life we have and for what He has done for us.

I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving. Count your blessings!

Thankful
by MaryMary

Lord I'm thankful for my blessings
Everything that you gave
Times when danger was around me
My life Lord you saved
Where would I be without your love
Where would I be without your grace
You didn't have to do it but I'm glad you did

Can't pretend that what I got
I got it on my own
Every move that I made
Can't say I never been wrong
When I fell you picked me up again
Though I brought it on myself
I can always depend on you
Whenever I need help

Lord I'm thankful for my blessings
Everything that you gave
Times when danger was around me
My life lord you saved
Where would I be without your love
Where would I be without your grace
You didn't have to do it but I'm glad you did

The next time you go to sleep
And you wake up alright
Remember that he kept you safe
And warm all through the night
Lift your hands and lift them high
And this is what you say
Lord you didn't have to give me
One more day

Lord I'm thankful for my blessings
everything that you gave
Times when danger was around me
My life lord you saved
Where would I be without your love
Where would I be without your grace
You didn't have to do it but I'm glad you did

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
It's plain to see
All that he's done for me
I thank you for everything
I live my life
So I can let the world
Know that I am

Lord I'm thankful for my blessings
Everything that you gave
Times when danger was around me
My life Lord you saved
Where would I be without your love
Where would I be without your grace
You didn't have to do it but I'm glad you did


Photobucket

1 comment:

Summer said...

I've been waiting for your post all day. It just breaks my heart that anyone could abandon their child. Kristen told me a story yesterday about a student she has. He comes to school with the same clothes on for 3 straight days. With the weekend in the middle. No one bathes him. She has had to contact CPS. It just tears me apart that any child would have to experience that kind of neglect. I have so much to be thankful for too! And I am working so hard not to take it for granted.

Swidget 1.0