Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Playing Catch-Up (June)

Now, June is the most important month. My due date with Brady was June 26th. On June 8th I had gone to a scheduled check up. While I was there they had to check my blood pressure 3 times because it was high. If it had not gone down I was told I would have to be put on bed rest. I didn't want that happening. I was trying to finalize some stuff at the office the next day. The plan was to get done what I needed to finish and then start working part time up until the baby came. Well, June 9th I went to work and got stuff all done. I worked really hard and was worn out. Earlier that morning I had seen what looked LIKE a lot of gnats flying around me (they really weren't). I later found out that was a sign of high blood pressure. When I got home that evening I checked my blood pressure with 2 different blood pressure machines about 20 times because each time it was exceptionally high. I think the highest it got was 180/110..maybe even higher. So after trying to relax and get it down I decided to call the doctor. The doctor said he had no other choice but to send me to the hospital. WHAT?! Are you serious? My overnight bag was not completed, we had Logan with us (what should we do with him?), would I be staying overnight?, we had just finished eating dinner so the kitchen was a mess. I was not prepared for all of this. So I rush around and get my bag packed. Luckily, I had made a list and was checking it off. To try and make this a little shorter....I stayed overnight, blood pressure was still high, got induced at 7:00 a.m. June 10th, labored till 9:00 p.m., pushed till 10:30, had c-section and Brady Clayton Bohannon was born June 10th at 11:19 p.m. He was 8 pounds 3 ounces and 21 1/4" long. And life as we knew it was forever changed. Thank you Lord for this wonderful, beautiful blessing to our lives.



I wish someone would have told me how awful I looked.
Makeup and a brush would have been nice. I was still pretty tired from all the medicine.

Proud big brother


All ready for the trip home


He's Home!!!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0