If you’re wondering what is Wake Up Wednesday, you need to head on over to I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar. She has started this weekly challenge and I’m loving it. We’ve only done it for one week but I can’t wait to continue this every week. I hope it lasts all year and I can participate that long. I’m sure some weeks will be really challenging on the pride and imagination but I look forward to it. I MUST tell you that this is not to be showy or to brag but to just be examples of ways we can be good to those around us. So please do not take this negatively.
Our first challenge was given to us last Wednesday and we had all week to fulfill it. We were to choose one person we knew but not very well and make something for them. I prayed and thought about it and really felt like I chose the right person and made the right gifts. I chose a young woman who I go to church with. I know her but not very well. She seems to be pretty quiet and reserved (shy). Her husband is deployed and she is pregnant with their first child (a girl). I know she loves turquoise and pink so I chose to give her one of the necklaces I made that had those colors.
But to do a little something extra I gave her a bonus gift. I made her a cake that is so yummy it should be a sin to eat it. Seriously. It’s called a Honeybun Cake and I found the recipe here at Tasty Kitchen. I made this for Christmas and it got GREAT reviews so I decided to make it for Jiny. And what pregnant girl doesn’t LOVE cake?! I mean, really?!
Ok, looking at that picture makes me want to whip me a cake up real fast. I could eat the whole thing it is so good. So I better not go to the store tonight.
Our challenge this week is to give at least 5 people, or more, a compliment. I think this sounds really fun. Who doesn’t love a compliment?
I really hope you will consider joining us for Wake Up Wednesday. It can be a humbling experience. I think this is a great way to start out my year. If you do join us, I would love for you to leave me a comment and share your experiences (if you don’t blog about it).

No comments:
Post a Comment