1) Working a merchandise booth for the local hockey team while my throat continued to get scratchier and scratchier. (Is scratchier even a word?...it is now.)
2) Made homemade pancakes from scratch. This was the FIRST time I had ever made pancakes....did you read that...FIRST time. And I did it all from scratch. No Bisquick box in site. Thank you very much. Yummmm Some of you may be thinking that this is pathetic that I think this is a big deal. But people, I have come a LONG way since I first got married (almost 7 years ago). I used to cook spaghetti out of a box for goodness sake. My friend Summer still gives me a hard time about that one. But no more, in fact spaghetti is one of my husband's favorite foods I cook.
3) Mom called, feeling weak.....hasn't had any energy for 1 1/2 weeks. So I proceeded to take my mom to the emergency room. All who will lose their last meal at the talk of blood, please leave blog now. Ok, gone? Alright, the rest of you who may be ok with the talk of blood let me tell you what happened with my mom. All women will go through it eventually. The dreadful word...here it comes...menopause. Yep, mom is going through it now. Bless her heart. She has had abnormal bleeding now for 2 months. She was extremely weak because of it. She was SO weak that just walking a few steps made her want to sit down fast and would almost make her faint. So we sat in the hospital's emergency room from 2 in the afternoon till 8 that night. Fun. Let me tell you. Especially with flu season here. I don't know how many times I covered my hands in antibacterial. Mom ended up having to have a blood transfusion...2 pints. I would have taken a picture of this fun episode but I am sure my mom would not want her beautiful face to be shown on this blog going through something like that so I refrained. To give you a quick run down, she is at home still feeling weak but will be going to have a D&C procedure on Wednesday morning to help eventually find out what's causing all the bleeding. So please, say a quick prayer for mom.
4) I am sick with a cold.
BUT
I am blessed. I have a mom that is back at home. If all I have to fight with today is a cold, I have nothing to complain about. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for friends that will give me a good laugh while waiting at the hospital....Summer, that's for you. Loved the comment about the boys and roller derby.

2 comments:
Glad she is at home too!
Awwww, My Mom went through the same thing a few years back. After her DNC she ended up having to have everything taken out. She is one happy camper now~ Praying your Mom feels better soon. Hope your cold passes fast too~
Post a Comment