Within the last month I have been SO proud of two specific girlfriends. My heart literally leaps for joy when I think of them and who they have become. I get so extremely giddy thinking about how GOD, not me, not man, not some THING...but GOD has transformed their lives for the better.
Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.".
Spiritual transformation begins in the mind and the heart. Let's be honest, a lot of times we become so caught up in our own ways, what we want. We put our blinders on and can't see that if we will put our mind on God there could be some changing in order for our lives. In my opinion, we should always be willing to say "Here I am Lord, what do I need to work on today?"
These 2 girlfriends of mine have come such a long way. I'm not saying they were back sliders and horrible sinners. I am not to judge anways. These women have always been wonderful women. Women I have laughed and cried with many times. But this year I have witnessed some amazing Godly transformations in their hearts and minds. They are walking with God.
My friend has had a hard time with a certain member of her husband's family. There was never a time we didn't talk that this friend was irritated at something this family member had said or done. She had a hard time finding love or compassion for this family member. Well God finally gave peace, love and compassion to my friend. He just took away in an instant what had been bottled up in my friend for years now. Isn't that great how God works? What we hold on to for years, He can just remove in an instant. It's powerful. It's miraculous. It's....God! My friend knew exactly what God had done in her life. And she gives credit to her Lord. She has an awesome heart. She is allowing God to speak to her. I am so proud of who she is becoming.
My other friend. Boy has she had some mountains to climb in the last year. It always seems that if the devil can get you down, he can keep pounding on you more and more. Eventually, he wants to win you over. This didn't happen. My friend is coming out victorious! She is conquering these mountains. She is feeling the hand of God guide her life. She is taking a step back and checking herself. She's asking herself hard questions. She's making changes. I am so proud of who she is becoming.
Romans 8:37 "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."
Last night as I was driving home I prayed for my friends. I cried for them. I cried because I was proud of who they are becoming. I cried because I have observed the hand of God transform their lives. I want God to bless them and each of you. I want you and I to look back at where we've been and where you and I are now and KNOW that God is transforming us more and more every day.
Nobody is perfect. I am not perfect. But God is! Looking at these two friends is an inspiration to me. These women of God are making me want to stop and observe myself. What changes can I start making in myself, Lord? It IS my heart's desire for all of my friends and family to become closer to God and to be proud of who they are becoming.
P.S. I didn't mention their names because I didn't want to embarrass them. But S & C, I love you. I'm proud of you. I am proud to call you my friend. You are inspirations to me. Keep on making God proud!

2 comments:
Glad all is well now~
You are so young! Late twentys?? I had no idea! I am not sure we can be friends?!?! Just kidding of course :) Hope you are having a great week!!!!
Post a Comment