Thursday, August 13, 2009

All over the place

I had a friend send me a nice, short email today. Her email simply asked "Are you just blogging on Wednesday's now?". I had to laugh. I came back and looked at my blog. I have pretty much only been blogging on Wednesdays. I'm sorry blogger friends. I feel like I have let you down. But honestly, I forget I have blogger friends who even read my posts because I am posting for me. Does that make sense?

Anyways, I feel like my head has been all over the place lately. I've been so busy it seems. Busy is good, but not if you neglect the ones you love. I have been trying to focus more on my family. Family time is very important. Within the last month I have: gone on a 3-day retreat for United Way, gone back home (2 hrs away) to visit my Dad and then a couple of my girlfriends I grew up with, started back to the gym doing spin class, cut out all cokes and french fries, gone to various United Way meetings, made necklaces, and accepted a part time position (will start in September) working in a merchandise booth for the local hockey team. All of these things I have been excited about but at times I feel a little overwhelmed. I think it is good to have new adventures in life. I think it's good to have goals to set for yourself. And you KNOW I think it's good to have hope for what the future has to hold.

This year has been flying by. Just the other day I realized it is August already. It seems like just yesterday it was January. It's time to move on. It's time to live victoriously! It's time to let the past be the past and move forward on to greater things God has in store for me.

I want to share a devotional that was on my calendar today. It says...

"My heart is glad, and...my flesh also will rest in hope." Psalm 16:9
Years ago Dr. Harold Wolff, professor of medicine at Cornell University Medical College and associate professor of psychiatry, said, "Hope, like faith and a purpose in life, is medicinal. This is not a statement of belief, but a conclusion proved by meticulously controlled scientific experiment." When hope dies, despair will overwhelm us. Hope is both biologically and psychologically vital to us. Men and women must have hope--and true hope comes only from Christ. He gives us hope for the future as we turn in faith to Him--hope for eternity, and hope right now.


Photobucket

No comments:

Swidget 1.0