Many bloggers are doing a "2010 in review" type posts. I guess I'm doing something similar. I'm feeling a bit emotional at the moment. Maybe not the BEST time to write, but here goes.....
This time last year I was expecting my 2nd child. But unlike the first, this child I would get to hold and love and see grow. The first child is up in Heaven waiting for me and the rest of his/her family. When I look back at the person I was on December 31, 2009, I see a pregnant woman who had no idea what was in store for her. As the song goes...a baby changes everything! A year ago I was working full time and enjoyed the freedom of not having a baby on the hip. I was able to come and go...here or there. I enjoyed the extra cash to go and spend as I pleased. And yes, I tithed also. I had the pleasure of having the extra money to give to those in need or to gift to those that needed a little something special because they were having a hard time. Now, December 31, 2010, I am changed. I won't deny that is has been challenging...these changes. Having Brady in my life is wonderful. There are no GOOD words, really, to explain how being a mommy feels. On June 10, 2010 my life was forever changed. God knew the perfect time to bring that special little guy into my life. I would soon find out that God had an even greater plan for my life than expected.
Several weeks later I was given the option to quit my job and stay home with my son. It's hard for me to explain how big of a deal that just was. I had worked at the same job for 9 years. NINE years! I started at the Oil Company when I was 20 years old, single, going to college, and living in an apartment....oh and let me just add, no grey hairs. NOW, I quit when I'm 29 years old, married, with a son and a stepson, graduated from college and living in a nice little home.....and LOTS of grey hair. But, God had the PERFECT plan for my life. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Adjustments had to be made and still are. God is working on me, still. Thank goodness. Adjusting to not having the money to go get what I want is hard. What's that saying "money is the root of all evils"? Yeah, I hate it. I wish I didn't like having money so much. Just being honest. I think the internet plays a horrible part in my "wishing for this and that".
Ok, so I think I'm starting to lose myself here. Anyways, changes and adjustments are hard at times but God knows the perfect plans and He is changing me little by little. He is so wonderful and I could never thank Him enough for all He has done in my life, especially this year.
There are many around me who have not been as blessed as myself. They are struggling. My heart hurts for them. I want so badly to make everything better. But, it's not my job. If I were to make everything better then I would be interfering with God's plans. He is the one in control and He knows that these struggles and hard times are only allowing that person to grow and become....changed.
So to end this babbling blog post....I am going to say a prayer for all of you who read this. 2011 may be a wonderful, joyful year for you...OR it may bring hard times. But I want you to know that God is in control and He will always be there with you, in the good times and bad.
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I enjoyed reading this post! I had some catching up to do on your blog. ;) You were right when you said we have both undergone some HUGE changes in 2010! Goodness.
How's the photography coming along?
Hope you have a great week!
Post a Comment