Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Décor Ideas

It's December 1st and it's TIME to get Christmas up in my home. I thought I was running behind but then I got to thinking that it was the same time last year that I put the tree up. Wes doesn't like me to get too ahead of myself on putting the tree up. He hates that people forget about Thanksgiving and goes straight to Christmas. He wants to enjoy Thanksgiving. I think he's so right. Well, Thanksgiving is over and now it's time for Christmas.

I'm SO enjoying some of my fellow bloggers posts about Christmas and their ideas about sprucing up their home. But my favorite blog lately has been Cheri over at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. Cheri has been doing these WONDERFUL posts about ways to incorporate Christ in Christmas. She has 2 small boys and wanted to teach them it's not ALL about the presents. I have been wanting to begin some new traditions this year, now that Brady has come along. I thank God that he has been showing me some wonderful ideas thru Cheri and her guest bloggers. So head on over there and check out some fabulous ways to show what CHRISTmas is all about.

first_gift_of_Christmas_(5)

Next, are Christmas wreaths. Oh my goodness. There are some great wreaths out there that can be made for a fraction of the cost and look fabulous! For instance, this one was made by one of my top favorite bloggers, Lindsey, over at The Pleated Poppy. I’m hoping to steal her idea and make one of these as well. Maybe not in the same colors…but very similar. Yarn wreaths are VERY popular this year.

IMG_3381

I’m going to have to work on a new project to hang our stockings. I don’t like to hang our stockings on the mantle because if/when we use the fireplace they get in the way. So a couple of years ago I bought wooden letters and made these. Click here to see post.

CIMG3333

But now that we have a new addition to our family, (YAY! Praise God!) I have to do something new. So thanks to Char, from Crap I’ve Made, I’m going to make this. I’m SO excited. I can’t wait to find the time to work on it. I better hurry! Christmas will be here before I know it! Instead of using an old cabinet door, I’m going to use a little something I found around the house that is not being used. I can’t wait to show you!

DSC_0918_thumb[2]

These are just a few things I want to do around my house. Hopefully, I will get some time to get it accomplished. Now, will you please say a prayer that I can talk Wes into climbing into the attic to grab our tree? I’m thinking it’s going to take a lot of prayers and some sweet talking. Wish me luck! What are some of your ideas for decorating for Christmas? Is your tree and décor up already?

Stay tuned, because there are more Christmas themed post(s) coming.

I hope you’re all having a blessed day!

P.S. I didn't participate in WIWW this week because of Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0