Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Cards

I was looking over at OhDeeDoh and found this post. They asked if you/I liked to send out Christmas Cards. My answer was definitely yes! I love Christmas cards. Last year I sent out a card announcing my pregnancy to some of my family and friends. It was SO fun! That was my way of telling everyone at the “same” time. Here’s the card I mailed. Some people didn’t even get what I was trying to tell them at first. Hilarious! I wrote a special message on the inside telling them how thankful to God I was. I kept one for Brady’s baby book.

Mommy-Kissing-Out-Water

The previous years I sent out picture cards. My FAVORITE! I love getting picture cards. I love to look at my family and friends and see how they might have changed….or what they’re wearing. I love to look at what people are wearing. So much fun. I hope they like getting my cards as much as I enjoy getting theirs.

BUT

This year I don’t think I’ll be sending out Christmas cards. I know! SOOOO sad! I was going to have Brady’s 6 month pictures taken this weekend and was hoping to get a good picture of him to make Christmas cards. Well, we’ve both come down with a cold so the pictures are postponed. AND I didn’t want to bug the photographer friend to hurry and send me a good picture to use. It’s just too last minute. I had our his outfit all picked out too. So cute!  We He was going to wear purple and gray. Maybe it’s not too late. Maybe I can come up with something. Really, I wanted the whole family to get our picture taken for the card. This is the first year with Brady and it was going to mean a whole lot to me. Wes was not going for it. He’s such a scrooge on stuff sometimes. He didn’t like he was going to have to wear gray and purple. Purple was the killer. So macho! Anyways, I can dream about our Christmas cards I guess. Here is one I liked on Etsy.

il_570xN_197975112

Isn’t it cute?! I love the little birdy. This card is courtesy of SweetLifeDesigns. Click on the name and you’ll go straight to her Etsy shop.

So how do you feel about Christmas cards? Are you sending them out? Are you a procrastinator like me, this year?

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I LOVE Christmas cards and I am a big planner as far as Christmas cards are concerned. I have had ours since September! I love ours this year :) Ashley does a great job! I think you should go for it and just get them done... or maybe go for a New Year's Card!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Just saw that you became a follower of my blog (daisydotdesign) and had to come get to know you a little. I Love Christmas cards, I have at times handmade all mine...But I'm in your boat this year too. No pictures, they kept getting pushed back for one thing or another and we haven't got to it. I'm about to get desparate and go to JcPenny's for a photoshoot!! Love that card sample too. Way cute. Would go perfect with your gray and purple theme!!

Jessica C

Swidget 1.0