Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Feel Good Wednesday #11

Finally. I found it. The one I am supposed to play for you today. I have been searching and searching all morning for "the" song to go along with my subject....the subject being Praising/Singing/Worshipping

Lately, at church, I have been struggling with this issue. Not that I am not able to sing, praise or worship but that most of our members seem to be having the problem. I help lead Praise & Worship at my church and just this last Sunday I was feeling so discouraged. How can you come to church and not worship?!! I will tell you how....they come in with heavy hearts, what they're going to eat after church, how long is the pastor going to preach, what do I need to do at work tomorrow.....they think about ALL this instead of what they really need to be thinking about....GOD! I know I have been guilty of it also. We all have. But you shouldn't do it ALL the time. They look like rocks just standing out there, not moving, not singing, and one even had this glazed look. Oh man. It's horrible. I know I don't sound that bad up there. :)

God has done so much for us. How can we keep from singing? We are loved by God. He wants us to worship Him. Sing to Him. Not everyone has the best voice, I realize that. But that doesn't mean you can't clap or lift your hands. We are there to worship. I don't know about you, but when I think about what all God has done for me, it makes me want to sing and praise Him. I can't worship Him enough! Don't be a rock when you go to church. SING PRAISE CLAP WORSHIP And get your mind on Him.


Chris Tomlin
HOW CAN I KEEP FROM SINGING

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring
And though storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love?
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives
And I will walk with You
Knowing You see me through
And sing the songs You give

How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love?
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And I fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love?
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart
I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart
I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
I can sing
Psalms 150
"Praise the LORD.
Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness.
Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise Him with the harp and lyre,
Praise Him with tambourine and dancing, praise Him with the strings and flute,
Praise Him with the clash of cymbals, praise Him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD."
***I just need to add.....I am going to praise and worship even if I'm the only one!***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks girl, that's exactly what I needed. I have been listening to your playlist all morning and i'm sooooo excited about what I feel the Lord has led me to do. Thank you for listening and following him with your song choices. Oh and I missed the one about Hold On. You said that was not your fav. group but when I heard it, that's exactly what I needed. I had to go back to the post to find the words. I don't sing, but i'm going to buy the soundtract to sing at church. I think it will touch some other people I know too!!!!

Kristi

cmjj said...

Another great song!!!! Sometimes my heart is so full of praise and thanksgiving, I think it is going to burst!! I wish you could come to Times Square Church with us...you would LOVE it. The presence of the Lord is there everytime we walk through the door...it is such a blessing! Do you get the newsletter they send out each month? You should sign up for it. It's free...you would enjoy reading the sermons that David Wilkerson preaches :)

Swidget 1.0