Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Feel Good Wednesday #14

As I was driving to work this morning there were SO many songs that were just so good. But you know, each song I hear on the christian radio stations should be good. These songs use scripture, talks about faith, strength in troubled times, etc. My radio stations may play the same songs over and over but they sure are uplifting. This song I'm sharing today I have heard over and over. A friend of mine even text messaged me a while back to tell me to listen to it; that it reminded her of me. I love this song. Love the title.....Hope Now.....love the words, love the tune, love everything about it.

One line in this song really hit home to me today. It says "how quickly I forget I'm yours". That is so true. So many times lately I forget about His grace and His love for me. That He has everything planned out just for me. I need to remember that He can do anything! What He did once, He WILL do again. From time to time, I will fall quickly to human nature and start worrying about what I want and what hasn't happened. If I'd just stop and think for a second that it will be ok. He will be my shelter in the storm. All I have to do is keep holding on to my faith and my hope.

I had a friend pay me the best compliment yesterday by just a short subject line of her quick email. In the subject line of her email she said "my hopeful friend". If I have done anything in my life; I have shared my story and testimony of hope. No matter what you are hoping for at this very moment.....God knows! We can hold on to our faith, that He knows what is best. The answer may not be yes, for now, or even later, but somehow He will bless us. You must have faith! Matthew 17:20 "....if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."

A book I am reading, Intercessory Prayer, by Dutch Sheets had a line in the very first chapter that struck me. He said "Nothing can keep us from receiving our miracle. Nothing!" I want to start thinking like that. He was talking about being persistent with our prayers. Just the first chapter in this book did wonders for me. I may be talking more about this book later as I get further along. So now on to the song....


Hope Now by Addison Road


If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

(PRE-CHORUS)
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

(CHORUS)

I am not my own
I've been carried by you my whole life

(CHORUS)

You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free

No comments:

Swidget 1.0