Today I'm going to feature 2 songs. Just because I want to. Makes me feel a little better since the 3 songs I really want to add, I can't. So onto the songs....
The first one I have heard over and over on KLOVE. It's a great song. I came across the 2nd song by Kari Jobe this morning and loved the words. The words of both songs were just what I needed this morning.
I have been getting up at 6:30 a.m. every morning for the last 1 1/2 weeks....praying. There are so many prayers on my list. We all have prayers we all desperately want to see answered. (Man, I really wish that music player had that song!) Within the last couple of days I have felt like God is trying to tell me something. Not trying to put words in His mouth but it goes like this "Hey, I'm here, I hear your prayers, but why don't you just keep following Me, keep seeking Me, get to know Me better, put your eyes on Me and all your prayers will come together." And then I hear these 2 songs....
Tenth Avenue North - By Your Side
From the album Over And Underneath
Why are you striving these days?
Why are you trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying?
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away
Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching?
As if I'm not enough?
To where will you go child,
Tell me where will you run?
To where will you run?
Chorus:
Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
Look at these hands, at my side
They swallowed the grave, on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
Chorus
Here at my side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
And I, I love you
And I want you to know
That I, I'll love you
Chorus
Kari Jobe
The More I Seek You
The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you
I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming
(From Top)Chorus:4x
For all of those who are reading this, you are in my prayers. Please continue to pray for me.
Much love,
Tonya
Psalm 6:6-9
I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
Psalm 94:18-19
When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

3 comments:
Tonya I just want to say I'm so glad God has brought us back together. I think getting you back in my life was his way of helping me see where my life needs to be.
OMG, I LOVE these songs especially the 2nd one, cant believe you havnt heard it before, we play it at church all the time!!! eeekk! haha!
Hey girl. It's Stephanie. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten in my truck the last month or so and "By Your Side" just begins! I started asking God what it is about that song that He's wanting me to hear, and it's just to quit struggling and accept His hands holding me! I have really started to love that song. Glad you posted it!
Post a Comment