Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just to prove God listens to our simplest requests

Ok, so you remember yesterday I had mentioned there were 3 songs that stupid music playlist website didn't have that I wanted to share? Well shortly after I had posted that I received an email from one of my favorite artists. Yeah, I'm going to believe it was actually the one and only....Warren Barfield. Hey, I can believe it if I want. Anyways, he was letting us all know that he has a new website and more cool stuff. I went to check out all the new stuff his site had and lo' n' behold there are things I could add to my blog. But still "the" song I wanted to share with you guys wasn't there. I had the brilliant idea to email and see if they'd at least add this song to one of his players on his page. I thought it was at least worth a try. Guess what?! You see that little box on the right column? THEY DID IT!!!! I was so excited. I thought this couldn't wait till next Wednesday. I had to share with you guys today. So go and check it out. Scroll down the player to find Take My Life. And below are the words to this song. Warren Barfield has an AMAZING (yes, I'm yelling) voice. I purchased one of his cd's called Reach and fell in love with this song.


Take My Life

This world is not my home

This life will pass

Only what is done for God will last

With the time we have

Let’s not waste it away, no

Let every heartbeat, let every breath we breathe say

Lord, take my life and use it up

Spread it thin like a blanket of love

Over the world that You gave Your blood for

Take my life, take it all, Lord

Lord, without You

Nothing makes sense

Down here the grass dies on both sides of the fence

So all my vain searching

Will never amount to much

Here’s my life, Lord, use it up for the cause of Love

Aren't those words powerful! This has been my prayer this year. That God will take my life, use it, help me to spread His love all over and to do what He wants me to do. This song is my prayer for all of you as well. That you will allow yourself to develop a closer relationship with God. If you seek Him, you will find Him. He's not going to come hunt you down and start up a relationship with you, He wants you & me to make the first step. Then He wants us to share His love with everyone else. I could listen to this song all day long! I hope you get something out of this song like I have. This is why I have wanted to share it so bad. It has really touched my life. Made me think.

2 comments:

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

Tonya, God must really have something planned bacause of the way he is working. I know this song came to you Tuesday but you posted nothing about what it could be. Yesterday "Offering" by Third Day which I've heard a million times spoke to me about really needing to let God use my life. Our little prayer group may be small right now, but I see God doing BIG things and i'm excited!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

ha, it's a 2fer today. I stopped at your page before I got caught up in writing on mine. Had no idea what you had said to me. They were exactly the same comment except two different songs. That's how we both can know God IS working in our lives!!!!

Swidget 1.0