Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas 2009 - Part 1

Merry Christmas everyone!

Well, our Christmas and Christmas Eve has not gone on as planned. But we are making memories for sure.

Instead of driving 2 hours back to my home town on Christmas Eve we drove around our town, got stuck in the snow, got out of being stuck, got out of a vehicle and found snow that came up to almost my shoulders, and witnessed more snow than we'll probably ever witness again in our lifetime.

You see, we had a chance of 1 - 2 inches. We woke up Christmas Eve morning and found that was exactly the case. Well our winter advisory soon went to blizzard warning! Oh my! There were reports of 16" of snow in Iowa Park. I'm not sure that is totally true. I would say at least 8" tho.

Every Christmas Eve that I can remember I spent with my Dad's side of the family. The Lowry crew. We eat, laugh, play games, and open presents. It has always been the tradition and one I had never missed. Well, a White Christmas kept me from that. I was very disappointed but it also goes to show that God is the one that is the planner. He obviously wanted us to have a White Christmas. As I'm disappointed in missing Christmas Eve with my Dad, Aunt, and cousins, I'm grateful for we were not one of the vehicles STILL stranded out on the highways this morning. I'm grateful we were not one of the families having to spend the night in their car or tucked away in a shelter.

Instead of eating my mom's homemade chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, & gravy, we will be eating frozen pizza or corn dogs or maybe a nice steak if I can get the husband to cook on the grill. :) But as long as I know that all of my family are safe & warm, that's all that matters. Mary probably didn't imagine herself giving birth in an Inn. But she made it work. And that's what we'll do. I don't want to be sad on Christmas Day. Instead, I'm going to be thankful for that baby that was born in a manger. The One who has given so much of himself for me. I owe Him so much. And I sit here imagining what Christmas will be like next year. For that, I am so blessed.

I hope you are safe and warm with your family this Christmas. Please remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.

God bless & Merry Christmas,
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kate Huff said...

We ended up finding a pizza place that would actually deliver on Christmas Eve! For Xmas dinner we just threw together whatever we could since we couldn't get to the store nor to Ft. Worth since I-20 was completly shut down!

Swidget 1.0