Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Your first glimpse at Baby Bohannon

Some friends have been nicely mentioning that they would like to see Baby Bohannon. So I finally remembered to bring the sonogram pictures to work so I could scan them in. I am excited to share these with you.
October 28th - 1st sonogram
6 weeks 3 days
November 5th - 2nd sonogram
7 weeks 4 days/6 weeks 4 days

Look how much he or she had grown in a week! During the 2nd sonogram the doctor was able to measure the baby and the baby measured a week difference than my last menstrual period. It is not anything to be alarmed about. I just have longer cycles than some and I just conceived later. Look at that baby! Ha! It looks like a little monkey hanging upside down. :)

Since I lost my first baby in January, the doctor told me when I got pregnant again that they would check my numbers right away and once high enough they'd get me in for a sonogram right away. So after finding out on October 15th I really only had to wait almost 2 weeks for my first glimpse of our baby. Then it was up to me whether I wanted to wait a week or 2 weeks after my first sonogram for another. Of course I chose to only wait one week. At our 2nd sonogram appointment Wes and I got to hear and see the baby's heartbeat. His or her little heart was beating 125 beats per minute.

On December 2nd I had a scare and went in for an emergency sonogram. My doctor was out of the office so I went to the X-ray department. I didn't think to ask the tech to print out pictures of my 3rd sonogram. I was SO scared and nervous. I just wasn't thinking. But oh my goodness, I wish you could have seen our baby. I think his or her heartbeat was beating 144 beats per minute that day. He or she was wiggling all over the place. I think he or she wanted to make sure to show me he or she was OK. I was so glad. I could see it's little profile and arms and legs. (I'm trying hard to not refer to the baby as "it" but sometimes I can't help it.) I wanted to kick myself the next day when I went to my regularly scheduled doctor appointment and they told me I wasn't having another sonogram done until January! But my baby wiggling that day is burned into my brain. It was wonderful!

I have prayed very hard during this pregnancy. I haven't had any more scares and I am in my 2nd trimester now. Praise God! I am doing great and feel great 99% of the time.

I have my next doctor's appointment on Thursday, December 31st. It's just a checkup...no sonogram. Booo! :) We will be finding out what we're having at the end of January. I can't wait!

I will try to keep you updated on me and the baby. I hope you enjoyed your first glimpse of our baby.

Photobucket

4 comments:

beckylbranch said...

Oh this is wonderful news! Praise the Lord! Praying for a wonderful worry-free pregnancy, what a great start to a new year! <3 Becky

Kate Huff said...

Hearing that you had a scare was not good but hearing that that is all it was is awesome! I'm so excited for you! You and Wes deserve this more than anyone! I can't wait to meet Baby Bohannon!

Ashley said...

Awww its good to finally see my little neice or nephew in there, he/she looks like a little bean :) so excited to see if im having a neice or nephew! So i can get busy spoiling ;)

Julie B said...

Aw, thank you for sharing the pictures! So so happy for you guys. Praying for your little "monkey"!
:)

Swidget 1.0