Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Sprucing

What can you get on clearance for only $5 that smells SO good and reminds you that Spring is finally here? These lovely flowers! Sunday night I made a trip to Walmart with my good friend Tosca. Tosca was getting groceries and I decided to get these clearance priced flowers. What a great deal for $5.

Over the last few weeks I have really wanted to do a little sprucing up in my house. I still don't have my backsplash done (yes, I know it has been a year people!). But I wanted to do a little decorating. So my friend Jody came over yesterday to help with a little of my decorating dilemma's. I can pick things out pretty well but putting them up on the walls, shelves, or mantle is difficult for me. So I call Jody my personal decorator because she is so good at putting things together. I have told her she should quit her day job and do decorating full time. Ha! Well, I have gotten several crosses as gifts in the past several months and hadn't even hung them yet. I love my cross wall! I have no more room for anymore. I love how when you first walk in my front door this is what you see. I want people to know that God lives in our hearts and home. So below is a before and after. Hasn't my collection of crosses grown?!


BEFORE
AFTER
sorry the angle is off - there were too many to get in the picture - OH and I just have to add that Logan picked out the cross that is in the left corner of this picture after I lost the baby and Jody gave me the baby cross on the very bottom left in memory of Baby Bohannon - so sweet

Next we worked on my coffee table. I wanted something pretty on here, not just remotes and my Bible and books.

BEFORE

AFTER

I know it doesn't seem like I've done much but just these little additions have really brought some extra color to my home. I'm hoping to do some more sprucing up this week. Maybe I'll be back with more in the next few weeks.

Have you had any Spring fever about anything in your home? Cleaning closets? Organization?

3 comments:

cmjj said...

I love the green vase you put the flowers in...my fav color! And your cross wall is beautiful...my sister had one in her old house, but I am not sure if she does now that they have moved. I always liked looking at the crosses. And I LOVE the coffee table, it may be just a little change, but it goes a long way. Can your friend give me some pointers? I am a terrible decorater, but I do try!! BTW, the "Flair H8ter".......too funny!!!!!!!!

cmjj said...

Oh yeah, I have a million spring cleaning things on my list that I can tell you without a doubt I will NEVER get to :)

shontel said...

Love the cross wall... some of those look familiar!!! Heehee. I seriously think of you every time I see a cross at a store...
Maybe I'll have the energy to clean and organize tomorrow... heehee.
LOVE YOU!

Swidget 1.0