Monday, March 2, 2009

We're listening to that holy music

A quick little post.

This weekend Logan and I were headed out somewhere together. In the car I pulled out my Ipod and plugged it in. He loves it when I play a song for him. When Sugarland's All I Want to Do first came out, I'd play it over and over for him while he sang "doo oooh ooh, dooo oooh ooh". If you know this song, you know what part I'm talking about. I'd roll the windows down and let the wind blow in his hair and just smile and laugh while we sang together. Sweet little memories. Now, his daddy would probably prefer it not be a Sugarland song. But it was sweet nonetheless. Well as I was saying, I pulled out the Ipod and plugged it in.

Here's our short little conversation:

Logan: What are we going to listen to mom? Can we listen to.....

(breaking in with an answer before he can even ask, bless his heart)
Me: No, not today.

Logan: Oh, are we going to listen to that holy music?

Oh I just love him. He knows me. It doesn't hurt to give him a little taste of that "holy music". I think it's doing a great thing in his little mind and heart. I think I'm going to try to find that "holy" song he'll be begging me to play for now on.

Enjoy your Monday!

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Tonya, I love this blog! :) It made me smile.

Shelley said...

I LOVE Holy songs, too!

Swidget 1.0