Friday, April 24, 2009

Horny Toad

Ok, get your minds out of the gutter. Haha It is exactly as the title says. Have you ever seen one of these?According to Wikipedia.com, a horny toad or "horned" toad is a lizard that is neither a frog nor a toad. The popular names come from the lizard's rounded body and blunt snout, which make it resemble a toad or frog. The spines on its back and sides are made from modified scales, whereas the horns on the heads are true horns

Did you know that the horned lizard/horny toad/horned toad is the state reptile of Texas? I had no clue.
I had lunch with Wes and Clay (brother-in-law) today and this is what they were wanting to show me. LOL And yes, I braved it and touched the little lizard. Normally, I get the he-b-g-b's about something like this. I had never seen one of these in my life. Something new. Have I lead a sheltered life? LOL
Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0