I have so many thoughts going through my mind today. Clifton's messages (morning and night) were so awesome yesterday. Oh, here's a shout out to Clifton my pastor! :) I think his wife told him about my blog. :) It seems to be a clear thing lately, God is trying to give me the message to seek Him.
Have I mentioned that one of my most FAVORITE scriptures is Jeremiah 29:11? It says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, never to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Well last night Clifton reminded me of the important scriptures that follow. Jeremiah 29:12-13 says "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me will all your heart." Doesn't that go right along with the scripture I mentioned several days ago....Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you...." See, God is really trying to tell me something.
Clifton mentioned something last night that really got my attention. He said that we are to seek out His kingdom and His righteousness before we seek out anything else. Meaning we are to seek Him, want to really know Him, have a relationship with Him before we even think about wanting anything from Him. Another thing Clifton said a couple of Sunday's ago was "If we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us." I am not perfect, still working on my drawing near to God, but the proof is here. I have been drawing nearer to God and He HAS been revealing more and more of His love to me. He has been answering several prayers in my Prayer Journal and showing me more and more scripture. And just like those verses, Jeremiah 29:12 -13, I had read them before, knew they were there, but put them aside and only concentrated on verse 11. But now it's like a light bulb went off. How can I be so selfish and ask God to answer my prayers and do this and that for me, if I'm not trying to get to know Him better above all? I mean, I know I wanted to have a better relationship with God but I guess I just didn't really think deep about what I'm supposed to be doing first. If I seek Him, He will take care of my desires/needs. That simple. Concentrate on Him, He'll do the rest.
Something I've also been doing, besides the Prayer Journal, is I started memorizing 2 verses a month. I started last month and I'm on my 3rd verse so far. I got this idea from Beth Moore. She has really inspired me! I need to remember what I'm memorizing these verses for, though. I will be honest, about once a week, for the last few weeks I have become very sad thinking about my loss and the impatience I'm trying to fight for wanting to get pregnant again. Just yesterday the thought hit me. I'm not supposed to be memorizing these verses to just be memorizing them. I'm supposed to be using them in those very moments of sadness, depression, and impatience. When those times come, I can start speaking the Word of God. It will help me fight off those feelings. Just like it says in Psalms 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." or Psalms 119:50 "This is my comfort in my affliction, for your word has given me life."
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment