Wednesday, December 16, 2009

For this child I have prayed

It's time. It's time for the next chapter in my Journey. Hallelujah! I feel like shouting it from rooftops. God has blessed me! He's finally chosen me! I am rejoicing!

Baby Bohannon
is due
in June!

This was a hard secret to keep. Do you remember my post on October 15th? It was about Pregnancy & Infant Loss Day. That night I took a pregnancy test and got my BIG FAT POSITIVE! I will remember that day forever.

I have dreamed of this time for a while. I have prayed for this for so long. I've held on to my hope. There were times where I felt like giving up. But the whole time God was by my side telling me to keep going, to trust Him.

I want you out there, anyone reading this....you may not be praying for a baby. Instead, you may be praying for a healthy report from the doctor. You may be praying to be cancer-free. You may be praying for a loved one to find Christ. You may be praying for just a break from the trials that you keep facing. You may be praying for financial help. Please HAVE HOPE! Anything is possible with God. Put your hope, your faith, your trust in Him! Please let me be a testimony to that. God is wonderful and HE DOES hear our prayers! Surrender to Him and let Him take care of the how & when.

As I think about what the future holds, I’m overwhelmed by God’s grace. I’m overwhelmed by God’s working hands. I’m overwhelmed with joy. As I sit here and think about the pain and questions I have faced throughout the years, I now sit here and dream about the day I get to take my baby home from the hospital. I dream about the baby’s dedication at church. Oh what a day. I will not be able to contain myself and keep the tears away.

To all of you who have prayed for me...THANK YOU! I pray God will bless you and answer your prayers. I pray that God will give you Hope like He did for me. Please keep praying for Baby Bohannon to be healthy & well. Also, please pray for all those ladies out there who are praying for a baby of their own. There are MANY ladies. Whether they are wanting to adopt or wanting to become pregnant on their own.....I know their pain. I know there are countless tears that they make. We don't make our own desires of our hearts, God places those desires there.

“Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”… “My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1:45 – 47

Photobucket

6 comments:

Summer said...

Finally! I was about to bust trying to keep this secret. I am so excited. I can't wait for June..except that means Owen will be a year old and I can wait for that!

Shelley said...

I am so glad you FINALLY announced it!!!! I was about to bust at the seams, too!!! I have continued to pray for you and sweet baby and will continue to pray until June and then on and on and on :) How exciting what wonderful news. God is so good... Lets redo you blog!!! Re-email me you info! :) And some new ideas! We MUST meet and SUMMER, too...

cmjj said...

Praise God forevermore!!!!!!!! I am so thankful, Tonya! I know this is a miraculous work of God, I am so proud for you!

by Candace McNutt said...

Tonya,

I have tears and chills!!!! Praise God! My sweet friend, my blog-buddy....thank you for sharing your stories and inspiring me daily!

Kate Huff said...

I'm so excited for y'all! I was at Hobby Lobby on Friday night and found the CUTEST crosses with the phrase "For this child I have prayed" and it made me think of you!!!

Ashley said...

You know im probably the most excited out of everyone, except you of course haha i havnt been able to shut up about it except I have kinda cuz i had to lol but IM GONNA BE AN AUNT!!!! Be ready to be spoiled and kissed my lil baby bo! ;)

Swidget 1.0