Monday, February 23, 2009

Full of surprises

I love surprises!

Just last week I had mentioned to Wes a few things that I wanted to get done around the house this Spring and hopefully before becoming pregnant again. We have a guest bedroom that I basically use as my junk room/closet/shoe holder/office/well you get the picture. For the majority of time you can hardly even walk in there. I told Wes I wanted to get it all cleaned out and I needed another bar added in the closet. I use the guest room's closet as my own. Well he had finally bought me a bar to add in there but it had been sitting in the room for about a month now without being put up. So that was one of the items on my list. 2nd was for the garage to be cleaned out. Half of the garage is nice and clean because that's where I park. But the other half was a total mess. And the third thing is to FINALLY get a backsplash. It's been a YEAR people!

Well Friday I pull up into the garage and have to do a double take. I thought I had pulled into the wrong garage for a second. I had to back out and examine the garage. Oh it looked so nice.

Then I go in and of course tell Wes what an awesome job he did and how I loved opening the garage to that surprise. Well as I walk into my closet to put something up I noticed a white shiny object. It was my other bar!!! Man he had been busy in the few short hours he had been home from work. I was definitely impressed. And it lit a fire under me on Sunday to get in there and clean stuff out. Anyone where a size 6 shoe? I have a few pairs of shoes I'm giving away. Heehee My closet is all organized and clean and it feels so good to be able to walk in that room and actually be able to see the floor. Yay for my husband and surprises!

Now I know what you're wondering....did he get to the backsplash? hahaha I'm not going to say a word. He did the other two items and that was wonderful enough.

On Sunday my friend Stephanie walked up to me and handed me a small spiral book. It says Hope. In His name the nations will put their hope. Matthew 12:21. It is so wonderful how God blesses me in small ways. Within the past week I had been wanting to keep a journal handy when I hear of people I need to pray for. That way I'm not forgetting. Well Stephanie didn't know I was wanting a new journal. She had bought this for me on Saturday and then Saturday night we saw each other and I was telling her about me wanting a journal. She didn't say a word. Then Sunday she came and handed this pretty little book to me and my eyes were automatically drawn to the word Hope. She told me she had already bought this and thought it was so neat for me to tell her I wanted one that night. I'm so glad God has given me such good friends and gifts. I am so blessed.

I just love surprises!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0