Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sure, go ahead and poke my arm one more time...

***UPDATE***My hCG number has started going down. When I got the shot last Wednesday it was 690, Friday it went up but the nurse said that is normal and today it is 637. I am doing just fine. I feel positive and just so blessed that I can feel that way because of God.***

Today I go back to the lab to have more blood work done. Last Monday the doctor said my hCG number had gone up to a 496. Just when I had already began to cope with the thought of miscarrying he was telling me I was going through a tubal pregnancy. Ugh. When would it stop? When would I begin to go on with my life again? BUT that's when God stepped in...that night peace was all around me. So I decided to go ahead and get a Methotrexate shot that the doctor had recommended. This medicine is often used for cancer patients but he reassured me that they use this all the time for tubal pregnancies and they give it at a much lower dose. So after praying and feeling peace about it I chose to get the shot on Wednesday. The doctor said I would still need to come and have blood work done until my hCG number went back to zero.

So today I will hopefully get good news that my number is going down and not back up. Oh Lord, please give me peace as I wait on the results.

This will be my 7th time to get blood taken in the same arm. Oh my. So yes...sure, go ahead and poke my arm one more time....I'm getting used to it.

I just have to add....I am forever grateful that God protected me and didn't allow for my tube to burst. He has watched over me and I am thankful. I serve a merciful God.

Ps 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0