I love my Valentine! Ok, I'll try not to get too mushy on here. How did my weekend go?
Well let's see. First, Friday night a few of us from our Young Adult group from church decided to check out the local hockey team. For the majority of the game I sat talking to my friend and my sister and kept my head in the motion of the puck. I had to look like I was actually following the game, whether I was or not. Oh and when I say "majority", that meant about 99% of the time. ha! Yeah, sorry, but hockey is not my thing. At least not in this little city where the refs won't let the players fight. I mean come on! Isn't that the reason that most people go watch hockey anyways? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
Afterwards was my FAVORITE part of Friday. Jessica, Joey and I went to Maggie Moo's. And what is Maggie Moo's you might be asking??? It is a yummmy little place with cows all around you. ha! No, not literally but there are the logos with Maggie the cow. Maggie Moo's is a new ice cream place here in town. I would say it is very similar to Marble Slab or Cold Stone. Oh my goodness. I walked into a place that I would consider to be like that candy land on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. You have almost any kind of options you could ever imagine to fulfill your ice cream cravings. Starting from what flavor of ice cream you want down to the yummy insides. For instance, you could choose teddy grahams, butterfinger candy bar pieces, gummy bears, caramel, and marshmallows just to name a few. And what was my choice? Oh my goodness!! I had cotton candy ice cream with sprinkles, mini marshmallows and marshmallow cream. It was absolutely de-li-ci-ous! What a great way to start out a who-cares-what-I-eat-I'm-just-going-to-splurge kind of weekend!
Next was my Valentines getaway with my honey. Since we had such an awful month last month we decided it would be nice to have a weekend getaway and what better weekend than Valentine's. Wes let me pick out the place but I had to pick a place that was not too far away, hadn't stayed before, and that had a hotel branch of the Hilton. So I chose Abilene and we stayed at the Hilton Gardens. And by the looks of it, this was a brand new hotel. Very nice. All I can say is I can't wait to have another weekend getaway. I'm already planning for one in April (for my birthday) But shhh! Don't tell Wes. ha!
We didn't want to be filled with timelines so we took it easy. The first thing was a massage. It had been a few months since I had a massage and boy was this the time I needed one. It was awesome. If you are ever going to Abilene, email me and I'll give you my recommendation of the spa. I could seriously have a professional massage every week. But who couldn't?! As far as food choices, we chose Arby's for lunch, Outback for dinner, and Sunday's lunch was Carino's. And for a special treat for our drive back home, I bought us Starbuck's latte's. Yuuummmy!
It felt really good to get away and spend some quality time with my husband. He really is a huge blessing in my life. He knows how to make me laugh. He knows how to spoil me. He knows how to love me. He knows how to be my friend.
For my single readers.....God has THE ONE for you. I believe that without a doubt. I want you to focus on trusting God for the direction He wants you to go. If you will trust Him 100% then you will be amazed when that special person will come right along. I know you've heard it probably a million times but really hear me on this. TRUST GOD! Pray on ways that God wants you to really trust Him. There may be things God wants you to give up, ways to clear your mind, other things to focus your attention on. If you've read a previous post, I did this last year when my mind was so consumed with getting pregnant. God hears our prayers. Just trust Him.
Here is a scripture for you and ALL of us who are waiting on our desires to be fulfilled...
"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him…" Psalms 37:5-7
What about you? Did you have a good weekend?
Happy Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment