Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oooh ooh you know it's going to be alright

Since I can remember music has always been a kind of medicine for me. I'm not saying just any old song. I'm talking about a good song. You can always turn on the radio (or your Ipod in today's generation) and hear anything from an old honky tonk blues song to what I like to listen to, a good feel good christian song. And that's just the kind of medicine I need. I told someone yesterday that good christian songs are like good Sunday messages from your pastor. Except you can get one every few minutes instead of waiting on Sunday. I like to really listen to the words. I don't know how many songs I have heard within the last few days that have blown me away. These were new songs to me too. Just like the one that I wrote about on Saturday night that I call my "theme" song.


So I have decided for as long as I can keep it up and remember, every Wednesday will now be Feel Good Wednesday...instead of hump day. Each Wednesday I will try to bring to you a new song from different christian artists. Maybe I'll give you a taste of music that you're not familiar with. Uh hum, Summer, I bet I can find you a good christian rock song you might just enjoy. *wink* I'm going to try really hard to add them to a playlist so you can hear them instead of just reading the lyrics.


So for the very first Feel Good Wednesday I bring you one of my favorite, make you want to dance around, bop your head, clap your hands, do the chacha, tap your pencil, songs from MercyMe called Alright.


Alright


If you had a dime for every time it rained
On this parade you’re marching in called life
You’d start to wonder if someone out there’s got your number
Well, hold your head up, breathe in deep, remember

Ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright
Ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright


We’re gonna have those days when it all comes crashing in
Wondering if the sun will ever shine
Before you go and convince yourself you cannot make it
Hold your head up, breathe in deep, remember


Ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright
Ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright
There’s a love much stronger
Than everything that holds you down right now
Sayin’ ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright

So next time when you tell yourself this isn’t worth it
Hold your head up, breathe in deep, remember

Ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright
Ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright

There’s a love much stronger
Than everything that holds you down right now
Sayin’ ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright

There’s a love much stronger
Than everything that holds you down right now
Sayin’ ooh ooh you know it’s gonna be alright

Count it pure joy when the world comes crashin’
Hold your head up and keep on dancin’ (repeat)

Written by MercyMe

P.S. I wrote this on Tuesday night but didn't post till Wednesday. So don't be alarmed. Feel Good Wednesday really IS going to happen on Wednesday.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0