Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Double post Wednesday...my UPS man is a crank.

Ok people I need some ideas on how to help my UPS man. In my office I work a couple of doors down from the front door. Very seldom is the part time girl here when the UPS man comes in. One particular time she was gone, he came in and was very huffy. I could tell he was not a happy camper/packer..whatever. So I walked up front and signed for our package. I was thinking "boy, what's up his rear?" I just smiled and thanked him. A few days later he came back, again, the part time girl was gone. Well I was busy and didn't hear him come in so the poor guy had to walk 20 steps (Yes, I just counted) to my desk for me to sign for the package. And this guy was REALLY not happy this day. Me being a bit of a smart mouth (Lord help me work on this) said "It must really hurt you to walk back here huh?" His response was "Yeah, sure does." Grrr I was SO mad. I thought seriously about reporting him for his rude personality. I mean EVERY time he walks in here he looks like he could beat me with my own package.

Seriously?! Is UPS that bad? It must be to this guy. Also, just to add a description of this guy...he smells like he took a bath in his own cologne. Whew! Gives me a headache just thinking about it. One day I was in the elevator by myself and I could smell him. Then the elevator stopped. He got in and my response was "I could smell you were in the building." Hahahaha Makes me laugh at my own bold stupidity.

Each day he comes in I have tried the "kill him with kindness" to see if he breaks. Nope. No smile. No how you doin'. Nada. Zilch. I have always taken the opinion that if your job is SO unbearable and it shows to your customers/clients/coworkers.....then GET A NEW JOB!

So here I am...I'm going to ask each one that reads this post.....a friend, a family member, a blog stalker...I want your opinion on what I could do to break this man. I don't mean, break him as make him feel horrible. I mean, really reach him and make him enjoy his job a little more when he steps in this door. Now, this is a little difficult because I'm a married woman. I'm not trying to hit on the cologne overdosed man. I just want to, you know, see if he'll change a little. Cause he sure puts me in a bad mood sometimes.

So what's your opinion?

3 comments:

Summer said...

Does he come at the same time every day? Meet him at the front. Bake him a goodie to take along for his ride. Or I could call him with my sexy voice. Ask for his cell phone number. Lol!
Some people are just grinches, grouches, or grumps. No changing that. May not be his job but his home life. Who knows? I guess you could ask. Maybe he just needs to vent to someone. Does he look good in thsoe brown shorts? When I worked at Byers, that UPS man knew how to wear them shorts! And I let him know it. Maybe you should compliment him on his nice legs. Oh gosh I could go on but I don't know if you are as bold as me. HA HA HA!

Jill said...

Just out of curiosity is he this rude to the part time girl? Does he have a crush on her and get angry when she's not there?

Tonya said...

Oh gosh Summer! I knew you would come up with something crazy. You're so funny. Yes he normally comes around the same time, but not every day. No he does not look good in his shorts. And remember even if he did his cologne bath would over-rule his good looks...if he had any.

Jill, no he is rude and grumpy to her as well...when she's here.

Swidget 1.0